Before You Leave for Paris
This Paris To-Do List keeps me organized and eliminates stress as I prepare to travel to Paris.
Once flights are booked:
- Consider purchasing trip insurance. Any expenses you’ve pre-paid will be reimbursed in case of a change in plans or emergency.
- Check the US Department of State website for information for travel to Paris and France—from passport and visa requirements to where to find a French Embassy, to travel alerts.
- If you plan to stay in Paris to work or study, you’ll need a visa. Merci beaucoup to Juliane Rhea for suggesting this resource.
Three to four weeks before:
- Get house/dog sitter
- Plan wardrobe and create clothing grid
- Create my itinerary
- Buy gifts
- Arrange airport transfers
One week before:
- Refill prescriptions
- Copy credit cards and driver’s license; leave a copy at home, the other goes with me
- Pay bills
- Make Paris hair appointment and restaurant reservations
- Call credit card company and bank
- Call phone company for international coverage
- Have mail held
One day before:
- Confirm flight
- Back up computer files
- Pack suitcase
- Pack food for the plane—fruit, dried fruit, sandwich
In my purse:
• Wallet for Euros, wallet for USD
• Plane tix
• Other tix
• Business cards
In my computer bag:
- Computer, powercord, cell phone charger, plug adapter
- Headphones, mask and neck pillow for plane
- Paris map
Safe travels, my friends!